Hexafluorine® - Information
HEXAFLUORINE® is a unique solution for the Emergency First Aid decontamination of Hydrofluoric Acid (HF) splashes in the eyes or onto the skin.
*IMPORTANT: it is only suitable for Hydrofluoric acid or its derivatives, for other chemicals please use the DIPHOTERINE® Solution)
Hydrofluoric acid is one of the most hazardous chemicals to health because of its aggressive characteristics:
HEXAFLUROINE® is an aqueous washing solution, with hypertonic and chelating properties, that is highly effective against Hydrofluoric acid and its derivatives.
- HEXAFLUORINE® Solution is able to mechanically remove excess chemical from the surface of the tissue before it has chance to penetrate.
- HEXAFLUORINE® Solution is hypertonic, which enables it to stop the penetration of both the H+ and F- ions and create reverse flow which pulls the chemical to the surface of the tissue.
- HEXAFLUORINE® Solution is able absorb and neutralise HEXAFLUORINE® Solution both the Corrosive H+ ions and the Toxic F- ions.
Experience shows how dangerous this chemical can be:
A 45 year old worker exposed to a 70% HF splash
- Immediate washing with water was carried out for 5 minutes.
- The patient received IV injections of calcium and magnesium as well as local applications of Calcium gluconate.
- 1 year loss of work.
Corrosive H+ ion
Toxic F- ion
Its chelating power on these ions is 100 times greater than Calcium gluconate gel.
Recent studies have shown that the HEXAFLUORINE® Solution is more effective at decontaminating both the skin and eyes, than water. It is also safe to use in eyes, oral and nasal cavities, making it extremely beneficial in instances where Calcium gluconate is inappropriate.
Total necrosis with grey cytoplasm, piknotic nuclei and acidophilic cytoplasm in papillary and reticular dermis.
|Washing with water + Calcium Gluconate
A lot of oedematous cells in basal epidermis with very clear cytoplasm and basal membrane disruption. Pikonotic nuclei and acidophilic cytoplasm in papillary dermis; same lesion but weaker in reticular dermis.
Washing with Water
|Washing with HEXAFLUORINE® Solution
Normal Morphology in all layers.
Washing with 1% Calcium Gluconate
Washing with HEXAFLUORINE® Solution
Medical Device : HEXAFLUORINE® Solution is Registered as a Medical Device, Class lla
European Standards: HEXAFLUORINE® Solution conforms to the European Standard EN1514 – Parts 3 and 4.
It is safe to use on both skin and eyes